The Mizuno Half Marathon Elite Scholarship of $2,000 is aimed to give financial assistance to an athlete who is at the top of their chosen field -the crÃ¨me de la crÃ¨me.
The scholarship is something to aspire to and while not necessarily be awarded each year and depending on the calibre of the applications in some years it may be given to multiple applicants.
Athletes, aged between 16 and 18 years and still attending school, from any sporting code and based in the Taupo District as defined by the Taupo District Council boundaries, may apply for this scholarship.
Applications must to be received by 30 September each year.
The scholarship will be awarded at the annual Taupo District Sports dinner and may be used at the recipient's discretion to assist them in achieving their goals.
Contact Marion Fournier
Home: 378 3447
Mobile: 0275 690 302
CRITERIA FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Have proven success in their chosen sport on a national level (national ranking)
- Have clear short and long term goals
- Provide regular reports on progress and plans for following months if awarded the scholarship
Application is by
Covering letter stating short and long term goals and how the funds would be used.
CV stapled pages only please - no bound copies or clear files - showing
- Personal details
- Achievements over the past twelve months
- Include a reference from high performance coach or national body
- May include one head and shoulders photo and one competing photo